Thursday, April 23, 2015

Limitless Love



See what great love the Father has lavished on us,
that we should be called children of God!
And that is what we are!
1 John 3:1


The most amazing thing happened to me today....I became a grandma.  An angel-boy named Cohen James Campbell entered the world today and has stolen my heart simply by his presence.  He didn't have to do a thing to win me over.  Every breath a beautiful symphony, each stretch a marvel of joy and every cry dug into the deep places of my heart with the desire to comfort him.

I am his and he is mine.. There is nothing he can do that would cause me to love him less and there is  simply no room left in my heart for me to love him more.  I am bursting at the seams with love for this tiny human being...and Cohen didn't have to do one thing to earn it.

As I gazed at him sleeping peacefully through the nursery glass I thought of God's love for us. I wonder... if I, Cohen's "CoCo", feel this insane rush of emotion for him, what must the one who knit him together in his mother's womb feel?

 It occurred to me that this new grandma love may just be a teeny bit of what God feels for you and I... Limitless Love.

May you bask in the sheer joy of His limitless love for you!


1 comment:

  1. How beautifully written ! Directly from your heart, reflecting His.

    Meg

    ReplyDelete